Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"We all have wings, but they have not been of any avail to us and if we could tear them off, we would do so. "

"You can hold yourself back from the sufferings of the world, that is something you are free to do and it accords with your nature, but perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could avoid. "

"A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. "

"A stair not worn hollow by footsteps is, regarded from its own point of view, only a boring something made of wood."


"My peers, lately, have found companionship through means of intoxication - it makes them sociable. I, however, cannot force myself to use drugs to cheat on my loneliness - it is all that I have - and when the drugs and alcohol dissipate, will be all that my peers have as well."

Franz Kafka

2 comments: